Have you ever tried doing your makeup in a poorly lit room? It doesn’t go well, does it?
And no, you are not lousy at doing your makeup. Yes, absolutely. You are not the problem. I think we women can all agree on the fact that poor light equal’s bad makeup.
Unfortunately for us, getting a brightly lit room in the night can be troublesome. Even in broad daylight, sometimes things can get a bit tricky.
You know, not all of us has a huge window in our room (duh?). Well, is there any solution to all this pandemonium?
Sure, there is. And it is a lighted makeup mirror or what I like to call them “Lit-up makeup mirror”.
After all the chaos and disorder that I faced while doing my makeup (not my fault, blame the lighting conditions), I did a little bit of my own digging. This article is the result of that.
In this post, I’ll talk about 10 lit-up makeup mirrors that I think are worth your precious attention.
So, buckle up ladies. You are in for a ride.
- 1 Best Lighted Makeup Mirror: Comparison
- 2 10 Best professional makeup mirrors with lights: Say Goodbye to poor makeup
- 2.1 1. Simplehuman 8-inch Sensor Lighted Vanity Mirror
- 2.2 2. Sanheshun 10x Magnifying Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror
- 2.3 3. SimpleHuman 8-inch Wall Mount Rechargeable Mirror
- 2.4 4. JiBen LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
- 2.5 5.Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
- 2.6 6. Jerdon JS811W 8-Inch by 11-Inch Rectangular LED Lighted Vanity Mirror
- 2.7 7. Power by ES Vanity Mirror with Lights
- 2.8 8. Floxite LED Lighted Travel and Home Mirror
- 2.9 9. Jerdon JS811W Rectangular LED Lighted Mirror
- 2.10 10. BrookStone 10X/1X Natural-Light Wall Mirror
- 3 7 Factors that You Should Consider Before Buying A Lighted Makeup Mirror
Best Lighted Makeup Mirror: Comparison
- The Winner
- Our Ratings
- Superior Reflective Quality
- Crystal Like Clarity.
- Mimics Natural Sunlight
- Bit Pricey
- Strength: Undoubted Quality
- The Saver
- Our Ratings
- Best Value for money.
- Can be used on any clean flat surface
- Rotates 360 degrees
- The on/off switch is super sensitive
- Strength: Powerful 10X magnification
- 1st Runner UP
- Our Ratings
- Quality design and materials
- It is a detail-oriented mirror.
- Battery life is really long can go up to 5 years
- It is pricey
- Strength: High quality and cordless
- 2nd Runner UP
- Our Ratings
- Simulates daylight quite well
- 360 degree rotational capacity
- Suction cup can fit mostly any surface
- Need to stay closer for better view
- Strength: Strong Suction
10 Best professional makeup mirrors with lights: Say Goodbye to poor makeup
Before we jump straight into the reviews, I’d like all you to know is the following reviews are not ranked in order. However, at the end of this post, I’ll tell you my recommendations.
Beat down the frustration and walk head high with perfectly done makeup.
1. Simplehuman 8-inch Sensor Lighted Vanity Mirror
Do you prefer natural sunlight showing you the way while you do your makeup? If yes, then this SimpleHuman product should be your top priority while looking for the best lighted makeup mirror!
Color correction and certain subtle details will make people fall in love with this mirror at the first glance (love at first sight is real ladies).
This mirror has a multi-sensor system that aptly responds to your activity around it. Isn’t that just perfect? As you approach it, it lights up and its sensitivity escalates during use. It, therefore, will not go off on you unexpectedly. You can absolutely rely on it. When you are done, it effectively shuts off.
Forget about overheating, this thing can certainly hold its own.
It is designed with a Tru-lux system at 60 lux and an impressive color rendering index of 90. This makes it super bright and is in close proximity with natural sunlight. It has a consistent light reflection that will enable you to see your makeup color for what it is.
Even more important is the guaranteed comfort you experience while using it. It is possible to adjust the mirror way back enabling you to use it even while standing. With the right magnification, you will work on your face inch by inch. This enables you to cater for every part of your face very precisely.
No one gets excited untangling messy cords. This thing has a perfect solution as it is cordless. Being rechargeable, it recharges with the standard USB cable and will go on for up to five weeks before you can charge it again.
- This thing has an automatic sensor that works efficiently.
- Its arm is adjustable allowing for easy use.
- Bright and distortion free.
- Gives superior reflectivity.
- Perfect magnification for any task
- Rechargeable and very much portable.
- Perfect size for any kind of face structure.
- The light can be damaging if you use this for an extended period of time.
- Battery capacity should’ve been better considering the price of the mirror.
2. Sanheshun 10x Magnifying Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror
We listed Sanheshun 10x Magnifying Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror as the best magnifying makeup mirror list. Some of us by nature are travelers. And we definitely can’t give up makeup just because we are traveling, right?
Funny enough this product can be your travel buddy who happens to pack a light with it. With this bad boy with you, you can kill multiple birds with one stone.
This Sanheshun product, therefore, makes for a wonderful companion. Perfect lighting will not be guaranteed to you in the hotel rooms. It is better safe than sorry. Carry your lighted mirror and always be ready for any challenge.
It is comfortably portable with ideal weight and compactness. You will be surprised just how conveniently easy it is to use.
It is designed to illuminate natural warm and exceptionally bright LED for effective apply makeup. The mirror produces 475 lux lights. This light goes up for close to 10,000 hours.
You can easily adjust it to the mirror and rotate it at your preferred degree all the way to 360 degrees if you have to. Just unlock suction by twisting anti-clockwise and clockwise to lock it on a clean surface. It’s as simple as that.
It is operated by 3 AA batteries. It has a switch which enables you to vary brightness as well as turn the light on and off.
The touch control of this device is a cool addition in the mix. Tap once to turn on/off the lights and hold to adjust the brightness level to your liking.
This mirror is exactly what you need next time you are packing a makeup kit for a vacation.
- It is very lightweight hence easy to carry.
- Can be used on any clean flat surface.
- Putting it into your traveling bags is easy.
- Powerful magnification to help you see details
- If portability is what you’re yarning for, get this
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Touch control for light adjustment.
- 10X magnification for perfecting every corner of your face.
- The on/off switch is super sensitive.
- It will require you to remove batteries before putting it in your travel bags so it doesn’t accidentally turn on.
3. SimpleHuman 8-inch Wall Mount Rechargeable Mirror
This mirror is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a flawless makeup session. It is a high-quality accessory which will not disappoint its user. The fact that that it is made of stainless steel assures you that it will be long before you are out looking for a replacement.
With a magnification power of 5x, even the tiniest flaws in makeup are visible on this Simple Human product. This will ensure your makeup is smooth as well as professional.
Precision is the name of the game when it comes to this one. With this makeup accessory, you will be able to take a glance at your whole face with precision. Pore after pore if necessary.
Its brightness and natural sunlight stimulation are something you are yet to experience with any other brand. It packs a surgical grade LED which is the most durable on you can find.
The automatic shut off feature is also present. It will turn off when you are not there and turns of at the first sight of your beautiful face.
It comes with a Tru-lux light system whose only comparison is natural sunlight. It has a high Coloring Rendering Index of 90 whose full-color spectrum pays attention to the least of details.
Your days of uncomfortably hanging cords with mirrors are long behind you. It is cordless and you will only have to recharge it every 5 weeks. This also makes it very portable and easy to use. You can easily take this makeup accessory anywhere you like.
- This thing is surprisingly detailed when it comes to design.
- It will go up to five years before you need a charge of product.
- Made of sturdy stainless steel making it durable.
- It is cordless.
- Portability is its strong suit.
- Easy to install and use.
- Comes with rechargeable battery
- It has an on/off sensor.
- Arm is made out of stainless steel.
- It is pricey
- The painting on the surface looks a bit odd.
4. JiBen LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
Looking for a makeup mirror that has decent magnification level? Well, look no more. JiBEN makeup mirror comes with 7X magnification. Meaning you can do all those precise little details without any sweat. We all know it’s the little details that pops up the most.
JiBen has tried its best to simulate real daylight with their LED light. As far as I see it, they didn’t fail. As a matter of fact, I was really surprised by the quality of the LED light. It’s very close to being the real deal. What else we can expect to become a best makeup mirror with light?
Just push the button that’s at the front and that’s it. It’s as simple as that.
You know what’s even simpler?
The suction cup mechanism and the adjustable arm in place. This mirror can be easily mounted on the wall via the suction cup. And it’s very secure as well (no accidental glass breaking for you my friend).
The adjustable arm takes things up a notch. You can easily rotate the product to whichever angle you prefer.
This is what makes this product a worthy contender for the best wall mounted lighted makeup mirror’s spot. Manufacturers clearly went for the top product they could come up with.
This JIBEN accessory runs of battery making it a great travel companion. Yeah, you can say goodbye to all those pesky cables. If cable management is not your thing and you absolutely need portability, this one is definitely for you.
- 7X magnification.
- Simulates daylight quite well.
- No cables required. Runs on Battery.
- 360-degree adjustable arm.
- Very powerful and sturdy suction cup.
- Sleek design.
- Face needs to be within 5 inches of the surface. A bit too close for me.
- Requires 3 AAA-size batteries and they die easily.
5.Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
This double-sided mirror comes with one normal view (i.e. 1X view) and the other with 7X view. Do the typical stuff with the normal view side and details with the 7X. Double the fun, right?
It comes with an elegant design with chrome finish. It is super gorgeous to look at (which is definitely a plus). Also, it’s oval shaped. Coming in at 7X9.5 inches, it can easily fit your entire face perfectly. You won’t miss any corners.
Conair itself has two contact points with the stand and they are rotatable. You can easily turn this thing to an angle of your liking. As this one supports 360-degree rotation, there’s literally no end to the adjustment level (basic math. Wink! Wink!).
Now, let’s talk about the lights. This is a lighted makeup mirror review after all. It comes with soft halo lighting system that I fell in love with.
At first, the lighting seemed a bit too dim for me. But after using it for a while I realized how good it was. I’d definitely prefer this kind of lighting over anything else any day of the week.
Why, you ask?
This sort of lighting gives you the most accurate representation. Moreover, it’s not too bright to look at and doesn’t give you headaches.
One and the only issue I have with this Conair product is the cables. It does not come with battery support. So, yeah! You absolutely need a plug to use it. Which is a bummer for me.
However, I’ve heard there is a version of this product with battery option. Unfortunately, I didn’t find one. Feel free to let me know If you got it somewhere in the comment section below. I’d very much love to try that as well.
- Beautiful and fashionable design.
- Comes with double-sided mirror with 1X and 7X magnification.
- Oval design.
- Accurate Lighting.
- Rotates 360-degree.
- Although it comes with plug and play settings, it’s still very energy efficient.
- Replacing the bulb is very easy.
- Can get really hot. I’d highly suggest you turn off the switch as soon as you are done with it.
- No batteries.
- Not a great travel companion as you need to plug this in to use it.
6. Jerdon JS811W 8-Inch by 11-Inch Rectangular LED Lighted Vanity Mirror
The most essential and integral part of any good makeup is proper lighting. Jerdon understands the importance of light. That’s exactly why they’ve favored light over anything else.
One thing is certain in this world. You get a quality lit-up makeup mirror with the right magnification, you get great makeup. It’s that simple. No rocket science here.
It comes with a sleek design. It looks like an art piece on the wall (seriously, I ain’t kidding).
This one is also double-sided. One side is normal and the other is at 5X magnification. Also, the whole surface of Jerdon HL165CD is pretty big. At 9.5 inches this one is definitely the best one to cover the entire face. This one has the biggest surface area of the bunch.
If you are wondering why only 5X? Trust me, you actually don’t need more than that for a decent makeup. Honestly, your pores can be easily viewed at 3X (we all have pores, nothing to be ashamed of).
360-degree rotation is also here in case you didn’t realize it yet.
The only issue I have with HL165CD is the trouble you have to go through just to install it. Sure, it looks cool and all. But are you willing to spend more than 30 minutes just to mount it on the wall?
I had mine installed with a professional and It did not take him long. But I think many people are not willing to spend extra cash on their product just to mount it on the wall.
- Has a 360-swiveling design
- Powerful magnification to help you see every detail
- Fabulous chrome finish to match any interior décor
- Perfect for spas and luxury hotels
- Design is really pretty
- Easy to adjust
- Comes with complete mounting hardware and 25-watt replacement bulb
- Installation was a big pain in the neck for me. Had to call a professional. If you are not good at stuff like this, do call a professional.
7. Power by ES Vanity Mirror with Lights
This makeup mirror by Power by ES is nothing short of an art piece. Everything about this ES product is on the good side of the spectrum. This one comes with a very unique and technical design. One look at it and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Basically, this lit up makeup mirror has 3 parts. In the middle, there’s a big portion that covers 50 percent of the entire surface. This part is for showing your entire face in normal magnification. The left and right part both occupy 25 percent surface area each.
The left half shows only your face without any background. The right half is a bit interesting. This section itself is divided into two parts. The top half has 2X magnification and the bottom half has 3X. This is where the magic happens.
In case you need more than 3X magnification, this brand has got you covered there as well. The package comes with a small and rounded brother of sorts with 10X magnification.
Enough about the beautiful design and mechanics. Let’s now talk about the lights. Cause, you know, this is, after all, an article about lighted makeup mirrors.
This thing comes with as many as 21 bright LED lights. They can be spread around very easily and gives you perfect lighting. The brightness level of this art piece is also controllable via touch sensors.
It can tilt up to a 180-degree angle. This gives you all the freedom in the world.
This one is undeniably one of the best countertop makeup mirrors with light out there.
If you travel a lot, it is definitely for you. Seriously, I cannot begin to fathom why anyone would not love this. It is very compact and comes in around 1-inch thickness mark.
Just fold it, pack it and boom! You are all set to go.
- Beautiful design
- 3-part mirror for different usage purpose
- Complimentary mini-mirror with 10X zoom
- Bright LED lights that are just perfect
- Easy to assemble and carry
- Charges via USB
- Compact and portable
- The included USB cable is very short. I’d recommend you get a new one.
8. Floxite LED Lighted Travel and Home Mirror
Do you get tired of products that give you distorted image of your precious face? Yeah! Me too. The Floxite LED Lighted Travel and Home 10x magnifying mirror is here to the rescue.
Despite having a whopping 10X magnification, it makes sure you don’t get a distorted reflection. I don’t know how they managed to do that, but they did.
This one comes with a cover that is foldable to more than 270-degree. That means you can easily use the cover as a stand. Of course, if you prefer to use it with your hands, you can do that as well.
It comes with 8 tiny led bulbs that covers the all the bezels. Don’t let they word “tiny” fool you. These bulbs are very powerful and provide just enough light for perfect makeup environment.
Want to hear a cool thing? These bulbs don’t need replacing (yay! For me). I hate changing bulbs of my mirrors every now and then. I’m sure you hate it too.
The thickness of the product is no more than an inch. It is most definitely the best lighted makeup mirror for those who prefer portability and travel a lot. No product can be a better companion than this one for travelers. Yes, I’m vouching for it. Loudly, I should add.
It operates using 3 AAA batteries which are included in the pack (how nice of the manufacturer). You are all set to go after you take it out of the pack.
- Great for vanity, office or traveling
- Powerful 10x magnification
- Cover can be easily used as stand
- Very portable
- 8 LED bulbs that do not need replacement
- Batteries are included in the package.
- Battery life is great as these LEDs don’t need much juice to run.
- Does not show distorted image
- You must use this thing with care as the cover is very fragile. It breaks too easily.
9. Jerdon JS811W Rectangular LED Lighted Mirror
The Jerdon JS811W Adjustable Table Top Makeup Mirror is responsible for providing a clean and bright reflection of the user by using the LED lights.
This LED lights are lined around Jerdon JS811W in order to distribute light evenly. This ensures that you are able to conveniently apply your makeup using bright lights of the LED lights.
Jerdon JS811W is portable due to its compact design. Its dimensions are 8 inches by 11 inches in size and the weight which measures 1.5 pounds. Due to its size, the JS811W will easily fit on table tops.
Looking for countertop makeup mirrors with light that provides the best bang for your buck? Go with this one.
To have a close-up makeup application, Jerdon JS811W comes with an adjustable tilt stand and a 3-inch sliding spot mirror as well.
This thing has a 10x magnification and can be adjusted sideways or up and down in different angles. With the high magnification and adjustability of the JS811W, you are able to apply your makeup evenly.
This Jerdon product has an accessorized storage tray located at the base. The tray is organized to store smaller items like brushes, tweezers and other items that you use daily. That’s pretty neat if you ask me.
- Portable and can be adjustable at different angles
- LED lights distribute light evenly
- 10x magnification for close up make-up application
- Provides larger viewing area when placed behind the main mirror
- Low power requirement
- It has a white finish which complements its design
- Comes with a storage compartment.
- The light isn’t smooth and clear
10. BrookStone 10X/1X Natural-Light Wall Mirror
The 10X/1X Natural Light Wall Mirror combines the daylight dimmable spectrum and fluorescent light bulbs. The lights simulate the natural sunlight to provide glare-free and blur-free images. This enables makeup application to be uniform and smooth enhancing the cosmetic applied.
For the best viewing angle while applying make-up, this Natural-Light product swivels up to 360 degrees. This is combined with 1X to 10X magnification level for easier conversion and detailed makeup application. You are also able to turn 90 degrees on the wall with the extended arms.
This addition to your beauty kit complements your decor with its versatile and attractive nickel finish. This means you are able to acquire the best finish for your wall.
- The fluorescent light bulbs simulate natural sunlight
- You are able to swivel the mirror through 360 degrees
- This wall-mounted product complements your décor
- It has a magnification of 1x to 10x for easier conversion
- You can turn it to 90 degrees with its extended arms
- It’s heavier than its counterparts
7 Factors that You Should Consider Before Buying A Lighted Makeup Mirror
Having the best lighted makeup mirror can make a difference in how you apply your makeup. I’m sure you all have two questions ready for me.
How? And based on what I compiled this list?
Well, I don’t tend to disappoint you. The following are the 7 factors I look for while making a buying decision. If you didn’t like any of the above mentioned products, feel free to make your own decision. Just make sure the one you choose has at least 5 or 6 of the following features.
The Strength of the Lights: The sole reason you are buying a lighted product like this is because the lighting in your bathroom or hotel room is unsuitable for your makeup routine. It is therefore important to ensure your mirror will have efficient lighting.
You also want to ensure it works for a long time and you will not have to recharge it time and again.
What you need to look for is the balance between power and accuracy. If you choose something that is way too bright, you will not get accurate results. The only thing that you will get is bad headaches. So, choose wisely.
Portability: For those are constantly traveling, the portability of the mirror is something you want to consider. You want to ensure it is compact and will be safe in your traveling bags.
Even if you use your makeup mirror in your house exclusively, you definitely don’t want something bulky and unintuitive to use. The product should do the work for you, not the other way around.
Finish: Based on your home decor needs you will want to ensure your mirror will not stick out like a sore thumb. Ensure your mirror greatly complements your furniture. Let the beauty of your house reign. No one likes ugly things laying around their house.
One thing that you definitely should make sure is the quality of the product. You want something that is made out of premium material. They tend to last longer.
Size: The makeup mirrors come in all sizes. You want to be comfortable while using your product. Based on the height of your dressing table, choose one that you can comfortably use whether sitting or standing.
Typically, you’d want something along the 9-inch lineup. But if you prefer bigger or smaller ones, you can go that route as well. Just make sure you get the one that you feel is right for you.
Adjustability: How far back can the mirror bend? To what angle can you rotate the product? This is important because when applying makeup, you will be turning your head a lot. Your mirror thus should be able to cater for the movements you make.
Once again, it should do the work for you, not the other way around. Your makeup mirror should be able to adapt to your requirements.
Price: This one is a bit different. Different people have different budget. So, I cannot tell you what to do exactly here. One thing that you should know is to choose the one that gives you the best bang for our buck.
Make sure the product you choose doesn’t cost you a fortune and end up disappointing you. Also, ensure you do not compromise quality for cheapness. Compare between different products and their prices. You’ll know what you want after that.
Quality Reflection You Get:This is really important. This is one thing that every best lighted or magnifying makeup mirror has in common. They never distort image. What the point of having a 10X magnification if it’s depressing to look at it? I’d highly suggest you try things out to see if image quality of a mirror is good or not.
Remember we ladies need those magnification power to do all the details with precision. Precision is always important. Be that surgery or makeup. It is an absolute requirement.
This brings us to the end of this review about best lighted makeup mirrors. Before I leave the rest to you, there are still some business to take care of. First thing first. My recommendations are as the following.
My favorite: Simplehuman 8 Inch Sensor Mirror
Can’t avoid it either: Simplehuman Wall Mount Rechargeable Mirror
Best bang for your buck: Sanheshun 10x Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror
There you go. I’m confident if you buy any of the three, you’ll do just fine. If you prefer anything else that is not in this list, fell free to let your thoughts be known in the comment section below.
Makeup is an essential part of people’s lifestyle. Even with the most expensive makeup from recognized brands, if it is not well applied it is a waste. Don’t let that makeup go to waste.